Provide 2 emergency contacts for your child.
Go over these with your child before continuing with the registration.
- Be a good teammate. Treat all participants and coaches with respect. Encourage teammates and help build team spirit. No bullying or putting others down will be tolerated. (Phil. 1:27; Matt. 7:12; Rom. 12:10)
- Have a positive attitude and good sportsmanship. Both winning and losing are great lessons and teaching moments. (Phil. 4:8)
- Give your best effort, work hard, and do not give up. Learning something new doesn’t always come easily, so we need to keep persevering and trying while also learning to deal with our frustration gracefully. (Col. 3:23-24; Gal. 6:9)
- Be prepared. Players should wear proper attire (soccer calls it a ‘kit’) that includes the team t-shirt, shorts, cleats (boots), and shin guards. Players should also bring a water bottle with them. (Prov. 6:6-8)
- Deal with conflict properly when it arises. Handle the situation in the right PLACE, at the right TIME, with the right PERSON, and in the right MANNER. (Matt. 18:15-17; Eph. 4:32)
- Take care of your body. This includes proper hydration and nutrition, proper warm-up and cool-down, and in times of injury, following doctor’s orders. (1 Cor. 10:31)
- Listen to instructions from the coaches. (Hebrews 13:17)
Expectations for Parents/Guardians
Be supportive of their child and their teammates
Be a role model in conduct, character, speech, and sportsmanship
Do not slander or speak negatively of opponents or teammates, especially to other players or in front of other parents
Show respect and kindness towards officials
Be a positive voice from the sidelines
Let coaches coach and support the coach’s decisions
Communicate with the coach if there are any medical issues to be aware of pertaining to their child
Please carefully read these items.
I understand that there are certain dangers, hazards and risks (foreseen and unforeseen) inherent in attending and participating in the Ridgefield Soccer Academy, including, without limitation, risks related to use of equipment and facilities, personal safety (including risks of minor, serious or mortal personal injury) and risks of property damage. I do hereby agree that I shall not hold the coach or any Ridgefield Christian School personnel or staff liable for injury or death as a result of my child’s participation in the Ridgefield Soccer Academy.
I give permission for my child to receive emergency medical or surgical treatment and hospitalization if necessary. I understand that an attempt will be made to contact me, or the emergency contact named above, before taking this action. I will be financially responsible for any medical attention needed during camp or resulting from an injury received at practices and/or games. My medical insurance shall be the sole insurance coverage for any medical treatment.
I knowingly give consent for the release of any photographic images that may be taken during my child’s participation for use by RCS for its publications, website, social media, advertisement, etc.
I certify that my child is physically fit and healthy to participate in athletics. I know of no restrictions, physical impairments, or any other facts, which in any manner limit my child in such a program.
I will pay the $50 fee associated with the Ridgefield Soccer Academy.
During attendance and participation in the Ridgefield Soccer Academy, the participant will act in a responsible manner and will abide by the instructions of any RCS personnel, and will comply and follow the rules and regulations of RCS. If the participant does not abide by the rules and/or intentionally causes harm to another participant, he/she will not be able to return to practices and payment will not be refunded.
Volunteering to Coach
Would you as a parent be willing to coach a team? You don't need to have prior experience. There will be a training session.
If you answered "yes," please answer the follow-up questions.
If "no", click Continue and skip the next section to the end.
As a volunteer coach at RCS, I will...
- Uphold and demonstrate biblical values
- Be a role model in conduct, character, speech, and sportsmanship
- Treat all players, parents, officials, and opponents with respect
- Build positive relationships with the players and create a positive learning environment
- Help the players develop their skills and abilities and to push them to improve
- Attend all practices and games, be on time, and work to provide a great experience for players and families
Thank you for your interest in the soccer program. The participation fee can be paid to the school by cash, check, or card. You can contact the office to make a credit card payment over the phone.