Privacy & Security
RCS is committed to proactively ensuring that our school is secure and safe. We regularly seek to improve our abilities and resources for protecting our school community.
School Safety Measures
- Front door entry system with secure windows and doors
- Laminate, shatter-proof glass on entrances
- Badge card reader access on all buildings
- Use of HallPass security software for visitors in the building
- Privacy fencing around elementary playground
- Security fence around outdoor eating area
- 46 surveillance cameras (internal and external)
- Upgraded security system
- Panic buttons throughout school linked directly to 911
- Training in the A.L.I.C.E. active shooter program
- Use of MinistrySafe for staff/volunteer background checks and child abuse awareness training
RCS is the first school in our area to exclusively use LED lighting throughout all facilities.
Why does that matter?
Studies show that LED lighting:
- decreases occurrence of headaches
- decreases stress and anxiety
- increases productivity and performance
- balances circadian rhythm
- reduces carbon footprint
- eliminates light flicker and hum
- eliminates UV emissions
- provides the full light spectrum (consistent light appearance)
Ridgefield Christian school is fully committed to protecting the privacy of our students. Information given to us by students, parents, or guardians will remain confidential and will not be released to any third parties unless they are acting jointly with us or if required by law. Voluntarily submitted information is used only to provide users with information regarding admissions, or to facilitate the admissions, registration, and enrollment process. RCS may use a third-party vendor to identify emails belonging to website visitors, when visitors have opted in to the vendor’s network. RCS has taken active steps to provide up-to-date security measures for web-based submission of sensitive information such as identification numbers and credit card transactions. The school’s website maintains an active SSL certificate for portions of the site that collect and exchange such information. The site also maintains a block on web crawlers and robots that may potentially and inadvertently gather such information.
However, RCS cannot be responsible for end-user issues such as browser security or inattentive browsing habits. For maximum security when using the secured portions of this website, work from a personal rather than public computer and keep your browser, anti-virus, and firewall software updated. If you are working from a public computer, do not leave the computer unattended while logged in, and close the web browser when finished using these sites.